Workshop – Continual Service Improvement
September 27, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
You could argue that Continual Service Improvement (CSI) is the most important of all the ITIL processes (there is a whole ITIL book dedicated to it). Whether your IT organisation performs under, at, or above par, your goal should be to continuously improve IT services and support, to better meet the needs of the business. After all, if you are not improving you must be standing still.
Many people think that implementing CSI involves a lot of bureaucracy work, but it can actually be done as a very light-touch process if you so desire, with lots of value, and a little additional work.
To help you better understand:
- What CSI is
- How to create/define your CSI strategy
- The simple steps you need to follow to continually improve everything you do as an IT organisation
- What you need to be doing to make it successful
We are hosting a workshop on “Continual Service Improvement”, which will take place in London on 26th September 2018, designed for ITSM professionals either looking to get started with CSI or looking to improve their existing efforts.
What will it involve?
In this one-day interactive workshop we will cover:
- What makes CSI effective
- The myths of CSI and their realities
- The nine guiding principles that support a pragmatic approach to CSI
- The CSI improvement model
- How to baseline “where are we now”
- Where to look for CSI opportunities
- Defining measures and targets for CSI
- How to use “marginal gains” as an approach
- How to plan effective communication around CSI
- How to record your CSI initiatives via a CSI register
- How to keep the momentum going
Attendees are welcome, and encouraged, to bring their own real-world scenarios for discussion if they are comfortable with sharing them.
What are the key benefits of attending?
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- The opportunity to quickly understand the key tenants of CSI, the benefits it can bring to your organisation, and how to get started
- Discover how to exploit your people’s insight, knowledge, and skills to drive improvements to processes and tools and over time improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the IT services delivered to your customers
- To learn how to create a baseline assessment for CSI activities, create measurable targets associated with these, and how to plan for improvements accordingly
- The opportunity to sense check existing company thinking, plans, and decisions in light of industry good practice.
Why do I need to undertake CSI?
Employing CSI tools and techniques enables your organisation to:
- Enhance IT service provider reputation and drive greater customer satisfaction
- More easily identify opportunities to improve the overall service that you deliver
- Influence customer perceptions of IT “value” by demonstrating a commitment to improving services, not just meeting service level agreements (SLAs)
- Enable you to more easily review and improve your service portfolio to ensure that you are delivering the services that your customers need, not just the services you’ve always delivered
- Improve IT operations across quality, speed, and cost
CSI is an integral part of the ITIL service lifecycle and is central to the ethos of always looking to improve what you do to benefit your customers. It’s vitally important, yet it seems to be something that organisations continue to struggle with – when in reality, it’s very easy to do well. You just need to know how.
How much does it cost?
Workshop places are available to itSMF UK members for £275.00 + VAT. Not a member? Find out about membership benefits and costs here.
Please contact the office on 0118 918 6500 to discuss an on-site running of this event.