Online Masterclass – Pragmatic Continual Improvement
May 17, 2022, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Continual Improvement (CI) provides IT organisations with the mechanism to drive improvements to processes, technologies and ways of working to enhance their service delivery capability. Importantly this can also strongly influence customer satisfaction as it delivers proactive service improvements and those little extras that the customer didn’t expect to demonstrate your ‘value add’ as their IT service provider.
ITIL® guidance now strongly encourages all ITSM practitioners and teams to actively embrace Continual Improvement as part of their role. So, as ITSM practitioners how can we get started in identifying and progressing Continual Improvement opportunities and how best do we ensure we can demonstrate the business benefits delivered?
This event is aimed at the Beginner/Intermediate level. Facilitated by Ian MacDonald, an independent consultant who is industry recognised for his IT service management (ITSM) knowledge and experience, the event will provide practical guidance on the methods, techniques and approaches that can be used to identify progress and measure your Continual Improvement initiatives. We will also consider the cultural aspects of making Continual Improvement recognised as part of the day job.
What will it involve?
During this event we will cover:
- Continual Improvement – An ITIL Perspective (ITIL V3 and ITIL 4)
- Myths, Barriers and Blockers
- The importance of Continual Improvement to you and your customers
- Key Principles and Concepts
- ITSM Guiding Principles
- Outside In thinking (Looking at what you do thru the eyes of a customer)
- Agile approach
- Making it part of the day job
- ‘Getting Started’
- The Continual Improvement ‘Satnav’
- The Continual Improvement Model
- What is the vision?
- Where are we now?
- Where do we want to be?
- How do we get there?
- Take Action
- Did we get there?
- How do we keep the momentum going
- Communicating success and demonstrating value
Attendees are welcome, and encouraged, to bring their own real-world scenarios for discussion if they are comfortable with sharing them.
What are the key benefits of attending?
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- The opportunity to quickly understand the key tenants of CI, the benefits it can bring to your organisation, and how to get started
- Discover how to exploit your people’s insight, knowledge, and skills to drive improvements to processes and tools and over time improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the IT services delivered to your customers
- To learn how to create a baseline assessment for CI activities, create measurable targets associated with these, and how to plan for improvements accordingly
- The opportunity to sense check existing company thinking, plans, and decisions in light of industry good practice.
Why do I need to undertake CI?
Employing CI tools and techniques enables your organisation to:
- Enhance IT service provider reputation and drive greater customer satisfaction
- More easily identify opportunities to improve the overall service that you deliver
- Influence customer perceptions of IT “value” by demonstrating a commitment to improving services, not just meeting service level agreements (SLAs)
- Enable you to more easily review and improve your service portfolio to ensure that you are delivering the services that your customers need, not just the services you’ve always delivered
- Improve IT operations across quality, speed, and cost
CI is an integral part of the ITIL approach to IT Service Management and is central to the ethos of always looking to improve what you do to benefit your customers. It’s vitally important, yet it seems to be something that organisations continue to struggle with – when in reality, it’s very easy to do well. You just need to know how.
This online Masterclass will be delivered using the ClickMeeting platform currently used for our webinar events – but with additional functionality added to allow active participation and group discussion. Please see technical requirements.
How much does it cost?
Places are available to itSMF UK members for £295.00 + VAT.
Not yet a member? You’ll be shown a price of £460 + VAT which includes an ‘Individual’ level annual membership. To find out about other membership levels, benefits and costs please click here.
Please contact the office on +44 (0) 118 918 6500 to discuss a dedicated delivery of this event for your organisation.