Online Masterclass – DevOps Simulation
September 21, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
DO YOU RECOGNISE THIS?
Business are demanding ever shorter release cycles for new applications. Traditionally ‘Operations’ is seen as a barrier with lengthy bureaucratic controls and delays in provisioning production systems. DevOps is a growing movement for shortening development and deployment and integrating Development and Operations.
However, this requires a mindset shift, new behaviours and a cultural shift in both Development and Operations. Traditionally suspicious of each other, they must now work closely together. Yet many companies are struggling to adopt and deploy DevOps and how to change the culture.
Why is this?
- DevOps is not that difficult to understand, but it has a huge impact on the way people need to behave.
- DevOps is often seen as a technology solution – automated coding, deployment, testing.
- DevOps is not a framework or method. It is an approach, a philosophy based on principles.
What are the key benefits of attending?
The event is designed for roles inside and outside of IT. Since this simulation is aimed at exploring and experiencing a new way of working this simulation does not require any specific knowledge to participate.
During the day you will experience how DevOps can bring serious value to your business and consider how to:
- Apply DevOps principles in a real life situation
- Find the right balance between delivering your SLA requirements and your IT projects according to plan
- Increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your IT Department
- Create better flow in your teams
- Develop people’s skills to act in a DevOps environment
- Show the business their responsibilities in making IT Projects more successful
What will it involve?
Designed and delivered by GamingWorks, the simulation game is based upon ‘The Phoenix Project’ Book.
‘Parts Unlimited’ is in trouble and Newspaper reports reveal the poor financial performance of the organisation. The only way forward to not only save the company but to make it competitive and profitable is “The Phoenix Project” which represents an IT enabled business transformation, with Retail Operations as the business owner of this project. Development and Operations must work together and ensure that “The Phoenix Project” will be a success. Operations is facing a tremendous amount of work. A huge backlogs of issues, features and projects.
Your challenge is to use the DevOps principles and apply them in this serious Business Simulation. In three rounds you will work on the IT projects and IT issues and ensure that “The Phoenix Project” will be finished on time. But, beware, the business keeps coming with new ideas and demands and external developments outside your control can also throw a spanner in the works.
How much does it cost?
This event is FREE for itSMF UK members.
Not yet a member? You’ll be shown a price of £165 + VAT which includes an ‘Individual’ level annual membership. To find out about other membership levels, benefits and costs please click here.
Please contact the office on 0118 918 6500 to discuss an on-site running of this event.