Online Masterclass – Change and Release Management
October 15, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
All companies deal with change, but not all do so in a consistent and controlled way, i.e. with a formal change management capability. Plus, too many are relying on documents and spreadsheets to plan business-impacting changes – resulting in delays, confusion, and loss of business earnings.
The ultimate result? A high volume of failure. However, by simply introducing formal change and release management capabilities into your organisation you can effectively increase control, speed, and transparency, reduce risk, and raise quality. You just need to get started.
So, to help you better understand:
- The differences between change and release management
- How to determine a strategy and tactics for dealing with change and releases
- How to plan for successful releases, and
- How to manage change policies, change forms, and change-related communications
Facilitated by John Noctor, an independent consultant who is industry recognised for his IT service management (ITSM) knowledge and experience; the event is designed for ITSM professionals either looking to get started with change and release management or looking to improve their existing efforts.
What will it involve?
In this interactive event we will cover:
- Change and release – what’s the difference?
- The fundamental differences between IT and business changes
- How to understand the relationship between change management, release, and deployment
- How to build repeatable release models and checklists
- How to incorporate agile methodologies and techniques into your release activities
- How to create a strategy for effectively managing changes and releases in your own organisation
- Tips to help you better structure and control changes to your business services
- Practical advice on how to ensure your change and release management initiatives are a success
- The Change Advisory Board (CAB) – what it is and how and when to use it
Attendees are welcome, and encouraged, to bring their own real-world scenarios for discussion if they are comfortable with sharing them.
What are the key benefits of attending?
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- The opportunity to quickly understand the key tenants of change and release management, the benefits that each capability can bring to your organisation, and how to get started
- To discover how to successfully structure and plan changes in order to avoid disruption to business services
- To learn how to effectively manage releases in order to increase speed and efficiency in your organisation
- The opportunity to sense check existing company thinking, plans, and decisions in light of industry good practice.
Why do I need change management?
Having a formal change management capability enables your organisation to:
- Improve the availability of IT services
- Minimise the adverse effect of failed changes and disruption to IT services
- Reduce the risk and unwanted effects of badly implemented changes
Why do I need release management?
Release management capabilities support change management in planning and fulfilling multiple changes to an environment to:
- Provide stability and ensure a greater success rate of releases
- Reduce the likelihood of failed changes and disruption to IT services
- Reduce delays, and ensure minimal disturbance to services
Of course, any organisation can operate without formal change and release management capabilities in place, but to do so risks regular service disruption, adverse impacts to business operations, and quite simply causes “chaos”. Whereas, alternatively, you could improve visibility into IT changes, minimise risk, reduce service outages, and increase efficiency across IT and business operations. A no brainer really.
This online Masterclass will be delivered using the ClickMeeting platform currently used for our webinar events – but with additional functionality added to allow active participation and group discussion. Please see technical requirements.
How much does it cost?
Places are available to itSMF UK members for £295.00 + VAT.
Not yet a member? You’ll be shown a price of £460 + VAT which includes an ‘Individual’ level annual membership. To find out about other membership levels, benefits and costs please click here.
Please contact the office on +44 (0) 118 918 6500 to discuss a dedicated delivery of this event for your organisation.