Masterclass – Problem Management
March 7, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Everything is Problem Management – or should be! Problem Managers have frequently been the poor relations in ITSM, given an impossible task with few resources to work with. In a fast-flowing river, it can be hard to spot that you are about to be bitten. Yet every day, we have innumerable small warnings of incidents that may be about to happen. It’s in the nature of complex systems that we cannot predict and prevent all mishaps, but we can certainly do more.
This masterclass will show you how to add value in the most difficult of circumstances and answer three key questions:
- What does the manager of a world class Problem Management team pay attention to?
- Why are good Problem Managers valuable to an organisation?
- How can a high-performing team be managed, motivated and driven to exceptional results?
Facilitated by Andrew Vermes, a Senior Consultant at Kepner-Tregoe who works daily with major technology clients on improving problem management processes; the masterclass is designed for Problem managers, Escalation managers, Analysts, Technicians, Subject matter experts, Engineers and others responsible for ensuring that repeating problems are a thing of the past.
What will it involve?
In this one-day interactive event we will focus on how the Kepner-Tregoe Problem Management approach can help you to:
- Identify and prevent more potential problems
- Drive a high quality and consistent troubleshooting process.
- Enable your team to think and communicate clearly and confidently under pressure.
- Eliminate trial-and-error behaviour, waste and loss of key data.
- Manage the problem queue effectively
Attendees are welcome, and encouraged, to bring their own real-world scenarios for discussion if they are comfortable with sharing them.
What are the key benefits of attending?
The day will work through a series of relevant case studies applying Kepner-Tregoe’s Problem Management methods to get to the real causes, provide fast remedies, and most important for Problem Managers, prevent the incidents.
Why do I need problem management?
Problem management is a critical aspect of IT Service Management ITSM. IT Problem management uses ITIL processes or other IT service methods to prevent problems, improve troubleshooting, as well as reduce the quantity and impact of incidents when they occur.
How much does it cost?
Places are available to itSMF UK members for £295.00 + VAT. Not a member? Find out about membership benefits and costs here.
Please contact the office on 0118 918 6500 to discuss an on-site running of this event.