Masterclass – Knowledge Management (KCS)
May 21, 2019, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Knowledge Centered Service (KCS®) is an emerging best practice for knowledge management in support organisations. KCS creates profound short-term benefits and in the long-term repositions support as a strategic, value creating organisation.
To help you:
- Improve support centre efficiency and capacity – lower time to resolve#
- Launch self-service, or increase self-service success rates
- Identify potential business improvements based on the customer experience
- Increase customer satisfaction and success
Facilitated by Knowledge Management expert and certified KCS trainer Laura Lockley, Head of Customer Success at Upland Software, this event is designed for ITSM professionals either looking to get started with formal knowledge management or looking to improve their existing efforts.
What will it involve?
In this one-day interactive workshop we will cover:
- What are the current challenges for support?
- A demand based view of support; from the funnel to the cloud
- A few thoughts about “knowledge”
- Content Evolution – the concepts of demand driven and a just-in-time publishing model
- Workflow – a new way to solve problems, structured problem solving
- KCS roles and responsibilities – who gets to do what?
- Performance drivers (motivators)
- Trends for leading indicators (activities)
- Goals for lagging indicators (results/outcomes)
- How do we assess the creation of value (not activity)
- An adoption strategy
- Initial benefits can be measured with traditional transactions based measures
- Longer term – the transaction based measures don’t work, we need new value based measures
Attendees are welcome, and encouraged, to bring their own real-world scenarios for discussion if they are comfortable with sharing them.
What are the key benefits of attending?
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Identify the link between the support organisation’s goals and KCS
- Gain an appreciation for the KCS principles and practices – what’s different
- How do we motivate the support analysts to participate
- How do we assess individual and team contribution
- The critical role of leadership in sustaining a knowledge practice
Why do I need to undertake this event?
KCS is a proven methodology that integrates the creation and maintenance of knowledge into the problem solving process. KCS improves the speed, accuracy and consistency of support by providing support analysts (knowledge workers) access to the experience of the entire support organisation. This methodology has been developed through the collective thinking and experience of the members of the Consortium for Service Innovation. For more information about KCS and the Consortium visit the web site at www.serviceinnovation.org.
How much does it cost?
Places are available to itSMF UK members for £295.00 + VAT.
Not yet a member? You’ll be shown a price of £460 + VAT which includes an ‘Individual’ level annual membership. To find out about other membership levels, benefits and costs please click here.
Please contact the office on 0118 918 6500 to discuss an on-site running of this event.
KCS®, is a service mark of the Consortium for Service Innovation™.