While most of our member events are aimed at professionals with at least some experience of service management, our ‘Introduction to ITSM‘ programme is suitable for those new to IT Service Management. Part 1 of the programme focuses on ensuring attendees are able to understand the key areas in IT Service Management, how they work together, and most importantly what each practice needs to contribute to the whole to provide ultimate value for the customer.
This event will help you to:
- Gain confidence in a new working environment
- Understand what IT Service Management is, the key aspects and central principles
- Appreciate best practice within the main building blocks of ITSM: incident management, problem management, change enablement, service configuration management, customer focus (including service level agreements and experience level agreements), and continual improvement
- Recognise the links between these service management practices and how the interaction between them is vital to deliver value for the customer.
Facilitated by IT Service Management experts from BT, this event is aimed at:
- apprentices and graduates aiming to work in ITSM
- those changing roles and moving into ITSM from another area of the business
- those looking for a general grounding in the essentials of ITSM.
What will it involve?
This one-day interactive workshop will include:
- What is service management? (inc what is a practice?)
- Service desk
- Monitoring & event management
- Incident management
- Problem management
- Service level management
- Change enablement
- Service configuration management
- Continual improvement
- How it all fits together
- An interactive group exercise.
What are the key benefits of attending?
Among other benefits, this event will:
- build your confidence in your current role
- help you to gain an appreciation of how the key ITSM practices blend together to increase customer satisfaction
- introduce a proactive service model for customers
- accelerate your learning with experts in the industry and through interactive group exercises to help consolidate the learning.
This online session will be delivered using the Microsoft Teams platform.
How much does it cost?
Places are available to itSMF UK members for £99.00 + VAT.
Not yet a member? You’ll be shown a price of £264 + VAT which includes an ‘Individual’ level annual membership. To find out about other membership levels, benefits and costs please click here.
Please contact the office on +44 (0) 118 918 6500 to discuss a dedicated delivery of this event for your organisation.