Masterclass – Software Asset Management
October 24, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Software Asset Management (SAM) is the discipline that seeks to maximise the investment value in software, without exceeding the contract/ licence terms and conditions of use. The theory sounds wonderful, but the practice is well removed from merely buying a SAM suite and thinking that SAM will take care of itself.
This masterclass seeks to highlight the value of processes within SAM, including some bad-case scenarios that will provide attendees with some serious food for thought – do any of the following reflect your position with SAM?
- We have no tool in place – how can we do SAM?
- We’re very good at generating ELPs (Effective Licence Positions) but still get hammered on Software Vendor Audits
- Service Management & SAM don’t seem to play well together
- The prospect of having to know licensing scares me
- I have no idea what good SAM looks like
Facilitated by Rory Canavan, founding consultant of SAM Charter; ITAM Review ITAM Professional of the Year, and member of WG21 – the working group created to analyse and improve the ISO 19770 family of ITAM standards – this event will super-charge your understanding of SAM, and provide plenty of learning points for you to implement in your organisation.
What are the key benefits of attending?
- The top 10 SAM processes you need to have in place
- What is the Bermuda Triangle of SAM?
- Understanding SAM & your Technology Weave
- How we can use SAM to create and maintain your CMDB
- Why ISO 19770-1: 2017 can be your new best friend
- Factors to consider when looking to implement SAM in the Cloud
Why do you need to know about SAM?
As the delivery model of software changes, you need to keep pace with the underlying constructs and language that has grown up around SAM – this masterclass will empower you to make better decisions about treating software as an asset.
How much does it cost?
Places are available to itSMF UK members for £295.00 + VAT.
Not yet a member? You’ll be shown a price of £460 + VAT which includes an ‘Individual’ level annual membership. To find out about other membership levels, benefits and costs please click here.
Please contact the office on 0118 918 6500 to discuss an on-site running of this event.