Online Masterclass – IT Service Continuity Management
June 11, 9:30 am - June 12, 1:00 pm
Often referred to as disaster recovery, IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM) is an ITIL aligned discipline that takes a holistic approach to ensure IT services are healthy and are able to support the business when required. ITSCM addresses the gaps in the traditional disaster recovery approach by introducing layers of resilience that provide higher levels of protection. This layering is realised by using technologies that are readily available such as virtualisation and high availability fail-over.
By attending this event, you will:
- Understand what IT service continuity is
- Realise the financial and operational benefits of ITSCM
- Develop an effective IT Service Continuity Framework
- Evaluate your existing IT service continuity management maturity level
- Identify your disaster recovery planning gaps
- Implement an effective process to ensure your business IT services is available when major incidents and disasters occur.
- Manage your IT portfolio of disaster recovery planning and testing.
Facilitated by Paul Love, an independent consultant who is industry recognised for his IT service continuity management knowledge and experience; the event is designed for ITSM professionals either looking to get started with ITSCM or looking to improve their existing efforts.
What will it involve?
In this interactive event we will cover:
- Understanding IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM) vs Disaster Recovery (DR) vs Business Continuity Management (BCM)
- Understanding the business value of ITSCM
- How to implement ITSCM effectively
- Guidance on handling common IT Service Continuity Management risks and challenges
- Recognising Continuity critical success factors
Who Should Attend
- IT Service Continuity Managers and Process Owners
- Risk Managers
- Business Continuity Managers
- Service Design leads with responsibility for ensuring that service continuity needs are accommodated in solution designs
- IT team leads and staff with key continuity management responsibilities
- Any individual who needs a greater understanding of how an organisation can make use of IT Service Continuity Management to enhance the quality of IT services.
There are no pre-requisites for this Masterclass, but a working knowledge of service continuity and/or organisational risk management practices is recommended.
This online Masterclass will be delivered over two days, during the hours of 09:30 – 13:00 each day, using the ClickMeeting platform currently used for our webinar events – but with additional functionality added to allow active participation and group discussion. Please see technical requirements.
How much does it cost?
Places are available to itSMF UK members for £295.00 + VAT.
Not yet a member? You’ll be shown a price of £460 + VAT which includes an ‘Individual’ level annual membership. To find out about other membership levels, benefits and costs please click here.
Please contact the office on 0118 918 6500 to discuss an on-site running of this event.