Following the successful full launch of the new and updated ITIL® 4, AXELOS has taken the decision to discontinue the previous version, ITIL v3, by the end of 2021.
AXELOS is taking a phased approach to discontinuing ITIL v3, allowing customers sufficient time to transition to the latest version of the ITIL framework. Customers will not be able to purchase training and examinations from the 1st July 2021, followed by the discontinuation of the Intermediate examinations on 1 January 2022.
Customers will no longer be able to purchase training or examinations for ITIL v3 after the 1 January 2022, although they will still have another six months to book the ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition examination. The ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition module allows practitioners to transition to the ITIL 4 Managing Professional designation when they have accumulated enough certification credits to qualify for the transition examination. *
The confirmed dates for discontinuing ITIL v3 are as follows:
- * ITIL v3 Foundation (English) to be discontinued as of 1 July 2021
- * ITIL v3 Intermediates (English) to be discontinued as of 1 Jan 2022
- * ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition examination (English) to be discontinued as of 1 July 2022
- Translated guidance and examinations discontinuation dates will be announced on a case-by-case basis based on the corresponding product release dates for the ITIL 4 higher modules, allowing a minimum of six months’ advance notice of any changes.
* To take the ITIL 4 Manging Professional Transition module, all candidates must be at Expert level or have a minimum of 17 v3 credits.
itSMF UK is the country’s leading membership association for service management professionals – with members ranging from individual service management practitioners to large multinational organisations.
We have spent the last three decades helping ITSM professionals both to be better and to do better. As the first of an international network of itSMF chapters, it has followed a path of enriching the working lives of its members, as well as those who benefit from its events, training and guidance, and those recognised by its annual awards.