Workshop – Creating an effective Service Catalogue
August 17, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
A service catalogue offers multi-level management and monitoring of (differentiated) services – so IT organisations can focus on delivery and demonstrating value. This provides the capability to better manage, deliver, and monitor business services across your IT estate.
So, to help you better understand:
- What a service catalogue is
- How to organise your services in a way that is relevant to business users, while still remaining practical and manageable for IT
- How to define and categorise services to ensure your service catalogue remains a “living document”
- What you need to be doing to make it successful
We are hosting a workshop on “Creating an effective Service Catalogue”, which will take place in London on 17th August 2018. Facilitated by John Noctor, an independent consultant who is industry recognised for his IT service management (ITSM) knowledge and experience; the workshop is designed for ITSM professionals either looking to get started with a service catalogue or looking to improve their existing efforts.
What will it involve?
In this one-day interactive workshop we will cover:
- What a service catalogue is and why you need one
- Common service catalogue myths and their realities
- The challenges associated with running a service catalogue and how to overcome them
- What a service catalogue structures looks like
- How to define services from a business user perspective, not IT’s perspective
- How a service catalogue fits with other ITSM frameworks
- Best practice reporting and metrics and how to adjust these to suit your business requirements
- How to deliver an actionable and maintainable service catalogue, with a long-term roadmap
Attendees are welcome, and encouraged, to bring their own real-world scenarios for discussion if they are comfortable with sharing them.
What are the key benefits of attending?
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- The opportunity to quickly understand the key tenets of a successful service catalog, the benefits it can bring to your organisation, and how to get started, or to improve existing efforts
- The opportunity to learn how to improve the services you currently deliver by simplifying the user experience and better facilitating self-help
- To learn how to better support IT governance and improve business processes, all while reducing your service costs
- The opportunity to sense check existing company thinking, plans, and decisions in light of industry good practice
Why do I need a service catalogue?
A service catalogue helps an organisation to:
- Build a clear picture of the business services required
- Get organised to deliver these services
- Report and manage performance, quality, and efficiency of services
- Deliver and manage services using variable sourcing and commercial models
- Focus and motivate IT staff to achieve real business success for customers
- Remove unnecessary systems and costs
- Gain credence and security, and improve customer relationships
In a nutshell, a service catalogue offers insight into the available IT services from what they are, the applicable service level agreements (SLAs), to what they cost; and helps the IT organisation to clarify and communicate its offerings, whilst allowing customers to understand what’s available. In essence, you need one.
How much does it cost?
Workshop places are available to itSMF UK members for £375.00 + VAT. The non-member cost is £550+ VAT.
Note: All non-member bookings, also receive a complimentary, one year itSMF UK Membership.
Please contact the office on 0118 918 6500 to discuss an on-site running of this event.