Masterclass – Professional Cloud Service Manager
February 12, 2019, 9:30 am - February 14, 2019, 4:30 pm
In an increasingly interconnected and complex IT environment, IT management is under pressure to deliver more agile IT services and adapt to change. Organisations are adopting strategies that include cloud computing to meet these challenges and offer repeatable, flexible and scalable services. Service Management professionals are challenged to help organisations ensure measurable service delivery and management of cloud environments.
Facilitated by Mark O’Loughlin, Managing Director of Cloud Credential Council, this event is designed to provide the context behind cloud from a non-technical perspective and upskills IT and Service Management professionals to be digital ready!
What will it involve?
Over the course of three days we will cover:
- Cloud Service Management Fundamentals
- Cloud Service Management Roles
- Cloud Service Strategy
- Cloud Service Design, Deployment and Migration
- Cloud Service Management
- Cloud Service Economics
- Cloud Service Governance
- Showing the Value of Cloud Services
- Popular Service Management Frameworks
- Exam Preparation
There are no formal prerequisites, however it is recommended that participants are conversant with cloud concepts and vocabulary. Participants will further benefit from a strong background in IT service management; who have one or more ITIL certifications or practical experience in applying ITIL and IT service management best practices.
There is an optional closed book exam taken on Day 3. The exam consists of 25 questions and lasts 75 minutes for native English speakers and 90 minutes for non-native English speakers. Delegates require 16 correct answers (64%) or more to pass and receive the Professional Cloud Service Manager certification.
What are the key benefits of attending?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recall cloud service management terminology, definitions, and concepts
- Explain basic terminology related to cloud service management
- Analyse an organisation’s strategic assets and capabilities to successfully design, deploy, and run cloud services
- Identify and explain important roles involved in cloud service management
- Compare the relationship between cloud provider and cloud consumer
- Differentiate between potential risks and benefits of adopting a cloud strategy
- Produce an initial cloud adoption strategy
- Illustrate the benefits and drive the adoption of cloud-based services within an organisation
- Identify strategies to reduce risk and remove issues associated with the adoption of cloud computing and cloud-based services
- Outline what a cloud marketplace is and differentiate between the consumer’s and provider’s perspective of a cloud marketplace
- Illustrate the benefits, risks and issues of DevOps within an IT organisation
- Select appropriate structures for designing, deploying, and running cloud-based services within traditional IT organisations
- Outline various charging models for cloud services
- Examine the challenges with purchasing cloud-based services
- Diagram a hybrid IT cost model
- Demonstrate how to link cloud value back to IT strategy
- Predict the complexities involved in designing, deploying, and running cloud services
- Compare and contrast cloud service management with traditional IT service management in the existing IT organisation
Why do I need to undertake Professional Cloud Service Manager?
The Professional Cloud Service Manager (PCSM) enables participants to design and deliver cloud services. It provides a hands-on, practical approach to understanding how cloud computing and cloud-based services impacts operational processes, and how to adapt existing processes to deliver better services.
How much does it cost?
Places are available to itSMF UK members for £600.00 + VAT. Not a member? Find out about membership benefits and costs here.
Please contact the office on 0118 918 6500 to discuss an on-site running of this event.