Print Page | Contact Us | Report Abuse | Sign In | Join
Service management discussion and questions
>
>|
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Posting to this discussion forum 0 M. Lillycrop This forum is open to posts and comments from members and non-members, but you need to log into the website first. If you are not an ITSMF UK member, please email membership@itsmf.co.uk and we will be happy to provide you with a Forum Contributor login.
by M. Lillycrop
24 July 2014
ServiceNow Connect 0 F. Higgins Hi - We have recently implemented ServiceNow as our Service Desk tool - and we are looking into the possibility of using ServiceNow Connect (Virtual Chat).  Just wondering if anyone out there is using it, and how successful etc it's been.  Any feedback welcome.  Thank you.
by F. Higgins
19 January 2017
Benchmark Self Service Tickets 0 F. Higgins Hi - Just wondering if anyone has SLAs/KPIs in place for the turnaround of tickets (Incidents & Requests) raised via the Self Service Portal - or any good source of information that would be useful when setting these.  Thanks.
by F. Higgins
19 January 2017
What is a service? 4 Guys and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust Thank you all for your responses. I'm sorry It's been a bit delayed but there was a hiccup with our membership. It seems that the definition of a service varies from organisation to organisation but that at it's core it is an enabler for the business to carry out a function. I shall read the Pink Elephant discussion paper and hopefully this will shed more light on the discussion.Gail Lumley
by Guys and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust
09 September 2016
Junior ITSM Positions 0 A. Morawski Team, I am looking for a list of junior ITSM positions along with the job descriptions if possible. Would you be able to support me on this front?   Thank you in advance Adam Morawski
by A. Morawski
20 April 2016
Benchmark Incident and Problem Management 2 T. Burian This book really helped me out! Measuring ITSM: Measuring, Reporting, and Modeling the IT Service Management Metrics that Matter Most to IT Senior Executives Paperback: 196 pagesPublisher: Trafford (4 Dec. 2013)Language: EnglishISBN-10: 1490719458ISBN-13: 978-1490719450http://www.amazon.co.uk/Measuring-ITSM-Reporting-Management-Executives-ebook/dp/B00H98MFJK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455111061&sr=8-1&keywords=ITSM+reportings
by K. Bagci
10 February 2016
Template for UC (Underpinning Contract) 1 M. Gratrix Hi Matt,Seeing as the UC is if I recall correctly is the document agreeing service levels with an external party, it's possibly worth using an OLA (maybe SLA) document as a foundation. The content should in theory be very similar.There are lots of OLA/SLA document examples on the internet so I've not linked a particular example.Martin
by M. Newman
09 December 2015
Should incident ticket remain open during problem mgmt activity? 1 G. Davies Guy,The Incident should be closed if service has been restored regardless of means. The goal of the Incident is to handle the fault and provide either a workaround or solution that allows the service to run.
by J. Fernie
02 November 2015
Management information reporting 0 K. Bagci Hi guys, Hope everyone is well. I have a question around MI and ITSM reporting. My directors are asking for some more MI for incidents and they want me to be able to identify trends, sources of issues and so on. We are currently using Atlassian JIRA, Servicedesk and Confluence for the technical aspects (RFCs, changes, internal incident logging) and Salesforce for customer and account management. How are you guys producing this information? What products are you using? What can you recommend? I'm keen to make the reporting process as automated as possible (understandably).  For me, it's key that we all start using the same system for incident logging, but is it a blocker? Thanks Karl
by K. Bagci
13 July 2015
User Confirmation for Incident Ticket Resolution 0 N. Coleman The organisation I work for has an ITIL based process for Incident Management that requires all incidents to be confirmed as resolved by the user before being marked as resolved in our Service Management Tool. This leads to a lot of time being wasted by the Support Analysts chasing the users to confirm resolution and in some business areas has led to negative VOC - why do you keep chasing us? The question I would like to pose to the forum is what do you do in your organisation? I am trying to gauge industry 'Best Practice' to help put together a case for changing our process.  Would be grateful for any feedback/comments.
by N. Coleman
17 June 2015
Service Design SIG 13 M. Lillycrop Phil,I'll mail you separately as I've arranged a meeting for this week - perhaps you'll be able to join in by conference for an introduction.Kind regards, Suzanne
by S. Slatter
09 June 2015
Last Minute Planned Downtime - When should it be logged as unplanned? 0 J. West Hi, We recently had an issue occur within our data centre where we could see that we were going to have a failure which would cause a critical system to go down. As we had a limited amount of pre-warning, our team notified the end users and scheduled some downtime to resolve the problem. The issue we have is that we do not have any definition of how much notice needs to be given to end users of planned downtime outside of the regular maintenance schedule. Could anyone share their practices / industry standard views as to when a planned outage should be logged as unplanned. i.e. If the customer is given 24hrs notice then the downtime would be logged as planned, with less than 24hrs it should be logged as unplanned. This is important for our SLA's which are presented to our customers, but which also directly impact our bonuses. Thanks for your help,
by J. West
29 May 2015
Are you a senior incident management expert looking for a new challenge? 0 T. Wright At Computacenter, we are looking for a Group Service Line Owner for our incident management service.  This is a senior position in our Group Industrialisation division, with accountability for the strategic direction of the service across the Computacenter Group.  If you are interested in this terrific opportunity, details are on the Computacenter website: http://jobsearch.computacenter.com/jobs/job/Group-Service-Line-Incident-Management/190
by T. Wright
06 May 2015
Outsourced Service Desk providers? 0 G. Woolnough As part of a review of all of our business services, including the IT Service Desk, we are investigating options around outsourcing our IT Service Desk to an external provider. Does anyone have any experience of providers that they could recommend? Or ones to avoid? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Gavin
by G. Woolnough
05 May 2015
Problem Management Measurements 3 J. Bullock Problem Management Measurements
by E. Grace
01 April 2015
Shared IT and Estates Service Management Tool 1 P. Graham Hi We do something similar at Aberdeenshire Council with ICT and HR using the same product.  We use Cherwell. If you want to speak to someone let me know and I can put you in touch with a colleague of mine. 
by H. Birnie
03 March 2015
ITSM Big 4 - what's on your agenda? 7 M. Lillycrop Thanks for the update Dan and for that link. It would be great if you were able to get along to the Knowledge Exchange on the 24th of March.http://www.itsmf.co.uk/events/event_details.asp?id=532857&group=It sounds as if you will have a lot to contribute.Best regardsJohn
by John Sowerby
12 February 2015
Calculating the Service Design Figure 5 M. Lillycrop Stuart and Richard's answers are great but I think they are not addressing the specific question. Understanding how to calculate the availability achieved is important and Stuart's whitepaper remains an excellent resource. And Richard takes into account the more realistic view of the perceived impact to the end user and potential business impact of the related downtime. All very useful and worth understanding.Karen's response is valuable and detailed. I think the availability of the active:active component in Karen's example would actually be 99.9975% - a typo, I think. Maybe someone can check my working on that ?But I think the question was to do with calculating the availability the system was designed to achieve.There's an interesting article here that clearly explains why the serial component availability in an end to end service must be multiplied together to understand the overall availability.http://www.itsmportal.com/columns/availability-1-calculating-planned-availability-flipping-easy#.VLmAPIHfWrUAdditionally you mention the challenge of taking into account resilience or failover as designed for a specific component. In this case you would calculate the designed availability for the resilient component before plugging it into the rest of your calculation. Say the resilient component is composed of two components with 95% availability each. In this case the designed availability of that resilient component is the non availability figures multiplied together. So 5% of 5%, giving a result of 0.25% and so a designed availability of 99.75%. You would then plug this into your end to end calculation of availability.
by John Sowerby
16 January 2015
Service Management Implementation Programme 1 A. Roberts Hi Andy. It might be worth you having a look through the whitepapers section. There are a few on implementation approaches, and a good series from National Australia Group, a global banking group, on their journey through SM implementation.I think this is a good "basics" question, we should be able to generate more interest.I don't know if large scale implementations are easy just to provide a blueprint from, as they are likely to have been a large program, implemented over a number of years. It would be good to hear from some large players, if it is difficult to share details, why that is ?
by John Sowerby
22 December 2014
Process Management Tools 5 T. Wright Took a look at the IBM tool mentioned here. Looks like it may be along the lines you were looking for, Theresa. Will you let us know if you have taken a look at it and, better still, what your experience is if you decide to give it a try ?
by John Sowerby
18 December 2014

Premier Gate
21 Easthampstead Road
Bracknell
Berks RG12 1JS

Tel: 0118 918 6500

Fax: 0118 969 9749

Contact Us