Masterclass: Major Incident Management
17th February 2016
9:30 AM until 4:30 PM
Coppid Beech Hotel
John Nike Way
Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 8TF
Phone: 0118 918 6500
Online registration is closed.
As users and customers ITSM professionals often face woeful Incident Management when we seek support ourselves:
- Scripted approaches which take no account of our issue
- More time spent on housekeeping than handling the incident
- Engineers too busy with the technology to notice what we're asking for
This Masterclass offers a mature approach to major incidents, explaining why it's important to integrate several different approaches. We'll touch on minor incidents, too, since the way these are routinely handled will shape users' and IT professionals' view of what needs to happen, and in what order.
This event focuses on the essentials for delivering a quality outcome in a major incident:
- How to handle the first 5 minutes
- Speeding up the vital capture of information
- Managing upset stakeholders
- Dealing with multiple communication channels
- Keeping everyone updated without diverting key resources from solving the issue
- Avoiding the effects of stress
- Does a major incident manager need to wear a superhero suit?
The day revolves around a major incident case study, where participants will relive the frustrations and joys of handling conflicting demands, and present a flexible dashboard to help hold the whole thing together.
The Masterclass leader, Andrew Vermes, is a Senior Consultant at Kepner-Tregoe and works daily with major technology clients on improving incident management processes.
« Go to Upcoming Event List