The book provides a universally applicable project management method: the principles, processes and techniques that enable individuals and organisations to successfully deliver their projects within time, cost and quality constraints.
Managing Successful Projects With PRINCE2 forms part of a pair of publications that are the result of the PRINCE2:2009 project update. Its companion is Directing Successful Projects with PRINCE 2 (2009 Edition).
The title has been designed as a role-specific handbook for Project Managers, Team Managers and Project Support.
The new 2009 edition:
* explains the principles of PRINCE2
* describes the PRINCE2 processes in their entirety
* describes key themes of project management, specific to PRINCE2, that are required for the processes to be effective
* cross-references techniques that may be applied
* explains how to tailor the method
* provides context of when and how to use PRINCE2 for different project environments (eg standalone or as part of a programme).
Like the 2005 guidance, the book contains chapters on Starting Up a Project, Directing a Project, Initiating a Project, Controlling a Stage, Managing Product Delivery, Managing Stage Boundary and Closing a Project. In addition, the guidance also looks at the wider role of the Project Manager, including soft skills of the project manager; leading and managing; stakeholder engagement and communication planning; organisational change management; PRINCE2 in different types of organisation and cultures; and training needs for project teams.
Price for an itSMF member: